Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How To Keep Your Subaru Alive pdf file

so, since I hijacked that guy's "$45 HTKYSA pdf" thread i've had 8 or 9 people PM me about getting the HTKYSA pdf for free, in the traditional USMB manner.

Problem is, it's a large file.

It's too big for my hotmail account.

It's not too big for my gmail account.

So..

I created a new gmail account just for the purpose of disseminating the HTKYSA pdf.

Inside of that account, I emailed the pdf as an attachment to *the same account*. So, anyone who logs into that account can download the attachment to their own desktop.

If you have PMed me about the pdf, I will be replying with the login and the password at the rate of about 2 or maybe 3 people per day, just to keep the bandwidth usage on the lower side.

So, if you want the pdf and have not yet PMed me, feel free to post in this thread and your turn will come soon!

I would wonder if you higher-ups and USMB mods would be interested in considering hosting the pdf on the site server somewhere? It would greatly streamline the process, and I understand why there could be some trepidation due to copyright concerns, I think it's worth considering that the book is long out of print.

I honestly can't imagine that Larry Owens would care as long as we don't make money off of it.

True, but if non-USMB staff such as Syonyk, up there, and Suberdave (very soon), are the hosts, then there is very little that the USMB itself could be held liable for. I'd be willing to contact the publisher if that consensus is reached.

I myself am setting up a website. I will happily host it myself as well as soon as I figure out what I'm doing.

Have to say a Huge "THANK YOU!" to whoever it was that put this into pdf format - a large undertaking to be sure!

And Another Huge "THANK YOU!" to the guys that are hosting the file for download!!

I have looked into trying to get my hands on this book, and as others have found out, it was hard to come by and not cheap when you did find one. Now i finally have a copy!!! And even tho it only goes thru '88 - I should still be able to benefit from it for my '89 since little was changed between those model years.

Again - THANK YOU!!!!

Oh man, GREAT line I just read:

Depending on your slant on life-pour a stiff one, pop open a cool one, roll a fat one, chop a long one, chant

a mantra, go for a jog, snuggle up to the mate and ... whatever. The important thing here is to do something nice

for yourself-you deserve it!

The copy that's floating around was done by a USMB member about 4 years ago. It was very well done at the time. Somehow he's disappeared from the Board. I don't know where the $35 prices came from (or the $70 for that matter). I bought my hard copy of HTKYSA, Vol 2 for $10 plus shipping off ebay a while back.

Sorry, guy, but the pdf's always been available here for $0 (although sometimes hard to track down) and the book never sells here for more than $20-30 tops.

Sometimes newer members seem inclined to try and make every $ they can off of the board, and while everyone here sells parts for profit, the prices you set the pdf at suggested to me that you might have been one of those who value the board for what *you* can get out of it, and not for what *everyone* can get out of it.

I could have said as much in the thread you started. I apologize for my heavy-handedness. (I do think that if I hadn't acted, someone else would have complained for the same reason that I did, however). No hard feelings?

God all's I wanted was to make a quick 30$ or even less, but nooooooooo that's morally wrong to you? W/E lol. It's fine now I guess.