Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How To Keep Your Subaru Alive pdf file

• 3 weeks later...
Have to say a Huge "THANK YOU!" to whoever it was that put this into pdf format - a large undertaking to be sure!

Well, a huge "YOUR WELCOME" to you heartless. Yes it was an undertaking. I spent about 60 hours or so scanning pages, running them through an Optical Character Recognition software (an inadequate one at that) and then going back and cleaning up the mistakes.

The copy that's floating around was done by a USMB member about 4 years ago. It was very well done at the time. Somehow he's disappeared from the Board. I don't know where the $35 prices came from (or the $70 for that matter). I bought my hard copy of HTKYSA, Vol 2 for $10 plus shipping off ebay a while back.

That would be me. My username was formerly SoobyDoo.

It's a real treat to see that my efforts have helped so many people and continue to do so. I just downloaded the file from the links provided in this thread and it's even got the original title page askig for a $4 donation for my efforts. I didn't get many of those donations and it's a shame that people are trying to charge $70 for it. It was more a labor of love than for profit.

And for those who want to host the file, the original file was rather large, about 24MB. I've since run the file through a new version of Acrobat (ver. 7 instead of the original ver. 5) and it reduced the filesize to around 7.8MB. If anyone wants the new smaller version (exact same content), email me at joelgrice@comcast.net and I can send it to you.

Nice to see everyone again,

Joel

Hey Joel... you are a true subaru samaritan! 60 hours of scanning and OCR editing sounds like the 10th circle of hell.

I finally figured out the FTP for my webspace so shoot me a copy of that new and improved file to my gmail address. (this username).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the PDF file link Russ + Tin Soldier. I just want to thank everyone here @USMB for all their helpful posts and information. Without all of your help, I would have been forever lost.

Peace....Ron

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

You can still grab it from JesZek's link...as he says, click on his avatar and then paste the link in (hosted on mediafire)... If you can't get it this way PM me your email address and I'll send it across...

• Like 1