Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Southern NH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI!! yup there's some granite staters here but only a small few post anything.

Same for all of New England.I went through the members list,or at least up the letter "N" looking for old members that I've met and noticed tons of New Englanders who have anywhere from 0 to 3 posts.Many folks must come by,search archives for their needs,and by the time they'd normally stop by again they've bought their next car.My guess,since we turn over vehicles so quickly up here.

We'll be trying to get a New England meet together later this year.

Carlisle is an East Coast Meet for sure.But the guys from Maine and up north will have a real hard time swinging it without paying hotel,etc. costs.

So,we need one here,somewhere.

true that... I hope to make it to pine barrens with ya'll sometime

Here's my view of it.

Pine Barrens is a great exercise for your beatable Subaru.We go slower with more people,but will run scary fast with a small dedicated group.It's sandy trails for the most part with a little water if you want it.No abuse is mandatory.It's as you like it.:brow:

We've had folks run a NEW Outback,Baja,etc. but that's your choice.And really,there's not much to worry about if you can keep yourself under control.It's a great location for our NJ and eastern PA friend to meet up with the rest of the NYC/NE region.There's lots of great folks in NJ and PA!!

Carlisle is kind of cool for people to show off something even if it's just a beater that you're proud of.There's no off roading,and more folks from VA,MD,the Tidewater area in general.It's a large grassy field with some asphalt...they do a small autocross...you can get in on Subarubrat's food/beer deal if you so desire...check the Carlisle post as it develops and check out CarsatCarlisle.com for the "Import/Kit-Replicar" show third weekend in May,every year.

Now as for this region,well in the past I've been host to several meets at my old workshop.Those days are over,sorry to say.But I think if we choose a good State Park or whatever works somewhere around the MA/CT line not far from I-91 it'd be the most central location to those of us from Maine through eastern NY.It could also be a short ride for folks from Bong Island,and northern Jersey.

If you guys are interested in a good yard run day we try to hit some PA yards but it's an early and long day for me driving from Bridgeport so it'd be even longer for you guys.We usually hit Harry's at least,but also hit yards in Alentown,and west of there before going up towards Harry's in Hazelton,then home using I-84,usually.Check for yard run posts as they happen.I usually start a post a couple months in advance.

Shall we start a kick around-location inquiry post for New England??

WagonsOnly's backyard might be the best place.:lol: It's already a Subaru museum!

Hey, Merrimack, NH checking in. I'd love to see a meet somewhere in the northeast with some light off roading, maybe blasting down some logging roads. I have a stock 98 OBW so it's not up for rock crawling or anything but I'm not opposed to getting it dirty. I'm new to the area so Just wondering if there is anything around.

Regarding a meet here, I have been in all your towns at one time in my life. Potsdam is 8 hours flat out... even as the snow flies... white out conditions thank you very much! Syracuse 6, with food/bathroom stop. Albany 3 and a smidge if speed-limit friendly. Binghamton 5... 4.5 if you push, Walden/Newburgh 3 with luck and pushing hard.

Milford, NH, 1 1/2, New Ipswich closer to 2 with Slice gabbing :)

Danbury 3... at most, Milford, CT, 3 flat out regardless. Don't know Andrew's area.

RI - subafreak, 1.5 - my guess is 2 hours from anywhere in the state.

PA...?? depends on the area.

Eastern MD 7,

NOVA no longer than 8 flat out... did 7.5 once... gas only... no P'ing.

Ohio... no clue, but if you're willing to come... we have room for you as a challenge!

I have never looked recently for anywhere to offroad locally, but that doesn't mean there aren't places. If this meet pans out, it may be just like minds melding... not such a bad thing.

ME... shoreline... most it could be is 5 hours? My ex in-laws would drive to Canada have lunch and return back home that night. BTW, he just loved to drive.

milford is a sketchy town... :eek: i've also heard they've got a crack problem... :confused:

potsdam is pretty sketchy too, you've got your super pretty college students, and your uber-hicks, and me stuck in the middle :slobber: and Derrick's there too, but i think he considers himself a hippy :brow:

very interesting place.... I'd rather a NH meet... my stomping grounds :headbang: