Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wagon and Brat Part Interchangeablity

basically everything from the firewall forward is the same. Fenders, hoods, front valence, grilles, headlights, wiring, the dash and dash components. The doors, glass except for the windshield, and everything else will not swap. Drivetrain will swap, suspension (front and rear) will though. I've had both sitting side by side ('78 Brat and '79 4wd wagon).

Yep. I've got the EA81 with the DR.

I think it'd probably be worth trying to get then, even if it is just for the front halve. It seems there aren't many of the first gen Subarus round here, not on the road still anyway.

Nothing like spare chrome!

Thanks!

The windshield from a Gen 1 wagon or 2/4 door sedan are the same as a Gen 1 BRAT. The GF front glass is the only different one.

The front bumper on the BRAT is not shock mounted, but it is the same bumper itself.

The doors from a 2 door sedan or GF will fit too. They are actually better, as the GF and sedan doors have internal side impact bracing. The BRAT does not have this.

Todd