Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS8 - Gentlemen/Ladies, Start Your Graphics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might have a copyright on the logo, but i bet you they cant stop us from using the stars!

I'll get to crackin! What kinda hats are you gonna get? Im a hat junkie as well, but can only wear certain hats that fit right. Cheap hats just dont work as well.

-Brian

Maybe a wool blend, maybe a choice of a few. Not sure yet. Price is the big factor. But I did get a catalog from the place today.

so, just to clarify: you are looking for a hat design? or a flyer? isn't the flyer supposed to have sponsor logos, and attractions of the event, etc?

but if its a hat design than I am game. (flyers too, but it seems kinda early to have the details are worked out)

Maybe a wool blend, maybe a choice of a few. Not sure yet. Price is the big factor. But I did get a catalog from the place today.

Thats not the point. No business will touch it, they cant afford to have a major car manufacturer breathing down thier necks for copyright infringements. If you want a logo on your merchandise, you will have to buy it from Subaru. Or have it sewn on by a someone that has a embroidery machine at home (hint, hint ;) )

That said, lets keep this thread for the flyers and any hat comments in the "Hat Thread". If someone comes up with a illustration for anything, post it over there. It doesnt have to be in common with the flyers.

It just dawned on me. We display the logo on the top of every page here.

Did we need permission? Our are we just taking a chance they dont notice?

Next time you are out by your car, count the number of stars on the emblem, then count the number of stars in our logo.

Okay ive come up with my entries.

hat_logo2.jpg

and if you wanted to slim it down even more and take the "eighth annual" out:

hat_logo1.jpg

I dont think this is considered using copyrighted logo's, since this is the altered logo i made for the USMB a while back. Its in simple black & white, the person doing the stitching could use any color thread they desire. I vote for yellow on blue and white on black. I would buy one of each.

-Brian

p.s. on the back around the strap I'd put "west coast subaru show 8" or something.