just curious lets say I have this motor:

1139729096083_EA81T_3.jpg

1139290981133_EA81T_4.jpg

1139139078505_EA81T_1.jpg

1138506037425_EA81T_7.jpg

1136472050213_EA81T_5.jpg

1136440270960_EA81T_2.jpg

1136053241997_EA81T_6.jpg

and I would like to put it into my 1984 GL hatch, What would I need other than the custom exhaust? And the cool Turbo sticker under my doors! The only items I would have are the stock 1984 GL hatch back equipment and the ones in that image. What pieces do I need to complete the puzzle :D And who's got them and willing to part with them for bags of money? (prefferibly small and affordable sized ones) :-p

PEace, Fishums

For starters, you'll need the ecu (under the steering wheel) the wiring harness from the ecu to under the bonnet, and the knock control unit (in the left front fender). And the VAF sensor. And the fuel pump.

You'll also have to either find the ac compressor and its brackets, or the elusive non ac alternator bracket. (the alternator mounts to the ac comp, and most seem to have had ac).

Theres probably more.

Thanks to those that PM'd me there :cool: with the parts intel. From the sounds of it, I am pretty sure I know exactly what I am getting my hands into, and ready for some fun. If anyone else other than me and the guy above, me there is bidding on this engine. Good luck and may the best man win ;) I'll give you all a good tug for it.

Peace, Fishums

Chris, i know of a 84 ea81t wagon in PA if you might be interested, i have pics, its an auto though:banghead:

Jons always got the sweet hook ups :cool: PEace, Fishums

I'd feel bad cutting up another perfectly good subaru though, it would have to be a real bucket for me to steal the power plant from it.