Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

salem / corvallis, wheeling?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 myshoeisonfire

myshoeisonfire

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Portland/Corvallis

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:19 PM

Does anyone know any good spots near corvallis / salem area for a bit of wheeling? There's about 3 of us trying to find some "legimate" places to play in the dirt / or climb trails.
any thoughts?
Or do we just need to drive up to browns camp near portland?

(hopefully im posting this in the correct place)

thanks!
-Dan

#2 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

Yeah there are plenty, Mary's Peak area, coast range logging roads, Snow Peak, Shotgun Creek, Brownsville Timbers..

#3 madmountainmonk

madmountainmonk

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Mary's River Valley

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

Cmiller, Shadyirishman (although he is between rigs right now...pretty decent price on ebay for that thing Shady, hope it helps toward the Baja!) :brow: and I are in the Corvallis area and have recently (just last Wednesday) been playing around near Mary's peak. PM me if you would like to join us on our next sortie. You don't have to bring a rig. I would really like to have someone in the car with me to bomb up a jeep trail again and scare the poo out of (my choice of insulated coveralls as wheeling atire proved itself yet again!). :grin: I was alone in my terror last Wednesday! Thank the gods for a good ebrake and the amazingly tight turning radius of a lifted loyale wagon!!! Reverse-climbing a 50% slope gives the term "pucker factor" a whole new meaning! This was my first real off-road trial since the build and I am Very Happy with my car! LSD's AND SIPED kUMHO'S ROCK!:)

#4 4 arm boxer

4 arm boxer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • lafayette

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

try up behind detroit lake quartzville area.. ive been going there for over 20 yrs. lots of stuff to explore.

#5 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

Yeah let us know if you are wanting to head out. We have some fun trails still to explore!:brow:

#6 madmountainmonk

madmountainmonk

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Mary's River Valley

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:20 AM

True dat. There's ton of stuff out that way...the whole Green Peter area is geat as well.

try up behind detroit lake quartzville area.. ive been going there for over 20 yrs. lots of stuff to explore.

#7 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Several Of us from Eugene Are going on a Nite run tomorrow ( wed) .......Give me a call if you think you can be in North west Eugene by 5:30 pm tomorrow

541-232-9958

John

#8 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:24 AM

WOW, there's a lot of board members in that area that weren't there a couple years ago. Its surprising how many people have come up in that area onto the board.

#9 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

WOW, there's a lot of board members in that area that weren't there a couple years ago. Its surprising how many people have come up in that area onto the board.

I think you need to move back here!:brow:

#10 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I think you need to move back here!:brow:

ehhh I would but I'm not a big fan of Oregon anymore. Especially after seeing Colorado:brow:

#11 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

I'd be up for some wheelin' down South...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users