Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guys,

My wife's Outback is leaking a little coolant. It's leaking from the Passenger side. It's just a little dribble. I've looked and looked and can't find the source. It's dripping off the tow hooks underneath the front bumper. The petcock looks dry. hoses show no signs. There is also some coolant residue on the R inner fenderwell under the evap canister and airbox. Also it has thrown code P0420 twice in the past three months. But not recently.

System was pressure tested at the shop the other day while it was in for new valve cover gaskets. They could find no leaks.

Does anybody have any ideas where this may be coming from? Would it be safe to drive short distances until I can get it into the shop when I get back on Weds?

Thanks for any help,

John

my 00 was leaking pretty significantly... drove it for a couple months before I got the energy to take it in. $1200 later the head gaskets are new and the leak is gone... no damage was done to the engine in the interim (but I did have to keep an eye on the coolant level during that period).