Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi Everyone,

I got a puncture yesterday and when I changed the tire I saw the problem-thread worn down on the inside of my rear tire. The rest of the tire is fine. I checked the others and the opposite rear one is much the same. the front two were replaced a few months back so haven't done as many miles.

Any ideas what the cause of this is? Balancing?

Neil Mc

what year and model? If its AWD, then you should have not just replaced the front, you usuly need to do all four tires at the same time.

Uneven treadwear is usuly because it needs aligned or the tire pressue is low. Make sure you have all four matching tires (brand, model, and same treadwear...if not, go for four new tires.) Get it aligned, balanced, and keep the tire pressue at what its supposed to be.

Hi Everyone,

I got a puncture yesterday and when I changed the tire I saw the problem-thread worn down on the inside of my rear tire. The rest of the tire is fine. I checked the others and the opposite rear one is much the same. the front two were replaced a few months back so haven't done as many miles.

Any ideas what the cause of this is? Balancing?

Neil Mc

what year and model? If its AWD, then you should have not just replaced the front, you usuly need to do all four tires at the same time.

Uneven treadwear is usuly because it needs aligned or the tire pressue is low. Make sure you have all four matching tires (brand, model, and same treadwear...if not, go for four new tires.) Get it aligned, balanced, and keep the tire pressue at what its supposed to be.

HI

ITS AN IMPREZA 2WD. THE TIRES ARE ALL VREDSTEIN SPORTRAC 2 205/40 17'S FITTED TO ALLOY WHEELS. I CHECK PRESSURE WEEKLY AT WORK OR MY LOCAL SERVICE STATION. WHEN I REPLACED FRONT TWO I GOT THE EXACT SAME BRAND SIZE ETC. THE REAR AT THE TIME WERE PERFECT. CURRENTLY THE REAR HAVE DONE ABOUT 30000 MILES WHILE FRONT HAVE ONLY DONE ABOUT 12000. I RECKON IT MAY BE TO DO WITH SOMETHING ELSE LIKE SHOCKS. HOW LONG DO SHOCKS NORMALLY LAST ON THIS MODEL.

NEIL MC