Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1995 Legacy Climate Control Panel Lights Out – Lost Forum Thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daehttub2000

daehttub2000

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Chicago

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

I have one grip about my bulletproof 1995 Legacy. The instrument panel control switch lights burned out early (apparently a common Subaru problem). I lost the excellent forum thread/posting about how to replace the hard-to-access switch lights. I’m not sure which Subie forum it was on but it was incredibly detailed.

I can’t figure out how to access the 2 light bulbs inside the heater/ac/ventilation control unit. The entire unit is tethered by that @#* cable connected to the vent temperature control. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

The defrost/cruise/foglight button lights were simple enough. The total cost for all eight light bulbs are about $26. The dealer estimated a $200 cost to replace them. Note: Any aspiring would-be Subaru mechanics should disconnect the battery cable and wait 10 minutes before trying this at home (air bag). Thanks!

Driving in the Dark

#2 cookie

cookie

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,058 posts
  • SFO

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

1995 early????

#3 Handtool

Handtool

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Yelm

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:42 PM

http://www.ultimates...ntrol backlight

#4 daehttub2000

daehttub2000

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Chicago

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

http://www.ultimates...ntrol backlight

Handtool:

Thanks for the awesomely fast response. 6-7 pages of the forum thread and great instructions! It's funny how big of a problem these lights are on the 95'ish Legacy. I should have done this a long time ago but I didn't find this message board until recently.

You Rock.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

#5 97OBW

97OBW

Banned

• Banned
  • 190 posts
  • waxhaw

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

Driving in the Dark

it was fairly easy to get to but then i finally unhooked everything except the heat/cool cable thing ...this thing is on a clip type of thing, so i tore the unimportant looking clip apart so the cable could come loose...DONT DO THIS unless u want no air temp control... i had to put the cable back in place with the torn up clip and started soldering it and random pieces of plastic to it so it would hold it while u move the cable for heat or cool. it works now though,, just a huge rump roast pile of melted stuff together on it!

[/QUOTE]

#6 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,566 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

The FAQ sticky had the link you wanted ;)

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=51554

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users