Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking too put an ej22e in a 67 bug...

Jrwilldo

Hi Everyone...

Thank`s for the imfo, on where to get the adapter and flywheel too make the ej22e bolt up on my 67 bug drivetrain now I need too know about getting the cooling set up as it is a trike I do not need a heater and the wireing Im not too sure about eather I wish too thank you all for any help that can be given in getting this trike hooked up and on the road by summer thank`s again... Jrwilldo...

I do know of a baord member on here that has done the EJ22 conversion into a bug. His board name is "nug". Just do a quick search and you might be able to come up with something or at least send him a PM and ask him what he had to do. He said it was quick so it makes me curious to almost do this myself:brow:

I have a EJ22 in my vw bug, and i do the adapter for engine myself and cooling system too....but now i have problems to start the engine, because the wiring harness have problems.....if anyone here have the wiring instructions i will apriciate your help.....

I have problems with the injection.....the sparks are working great.....but i think the problem is on the wiring harness.....so i want to buy a complete wiring harness 96' i hope it fits to the 94 engines....

Is it spark or fuel that is the problem. i have no wiring diagrams sorry, but the first thing to check would be the cam angle sensor on the LH cam cover is plugged in. (from drivers position)