Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gen 1 door hinges

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

Do they still exist? I mean does anybody have a old part number for the left and right lower door hinges for a 78 Brat? If not does anybody have a good set of lower door hinges they want to part with? I got to looking at my drivers side lower one today when I had the door off my Brat. Man! Is it wore out. I pulled out my extras that I had kept and they were no better. I guess I really had not paid any attention to there condition. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

Do they still exist? I mean does anybody have a old part number for the left and right lower door hinges for a 78 Brat? If not does anybody have a good set of lower door hinges they want to part with? I got to looking at my drivers side lower one today when I had the door off my Brat. Man! Is it wore out. I pulled out my extras that I had kept and they were no better. I guess I really had not paid any attention to there condition. Any help would be appreciated.

All 1977 Stage II thru 1979 Subarus have the same lower front door hinge.Hunt out a parts car online.It works really great.You'll be refered to yards with the car/part you need begining with those closest to you....sorry if you knew this already.:)

#3 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

i would assume 81 brats would have the same hing as they are gen1

lower hinge drivers side )RH)

lower hinge pass side(rh)

subaruparts.com has one of them but the 371 nuber is showing as soming else. ill check my 78 manual later and see what it has for part numbers.

#4 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

part numbers for 78 are as follows.

LH Lower

RH LOwer
apperars the pass side is still avalible for 45.00 or so from subaruparts.com

applications crossed teh model year so you should be able to use any hinge from any subaru pre79 and post 77,
except for the Hard Top. they have a differnt part number. anyway hope that helps.

let me know if you need any other part numbers.

#5 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

Man, that is a real shame the drivers side hinge is discontinued. I think I will have to at least get a new passengers side lower hinge. Thanks for the numbers by the way. Where did you find these old Subaru part numbers anyway?

#6 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

i just happend to come acrost some parts books so i have

68, 360,
FF1
72 stage one- 75.
77-79,
and 86-88

so if you have a question about part numbers in these years let me know...

#7 Twowagons

Twowagons

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Montgomery

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

I have an 80 Brat so where are those part numbers? Whats up with the 1980??

i just happend to come acrost some parts books so i have

68, 360,
FF1
72 stage one- 75.
77-79,
and 86-88

so if you have a question about part numbers in these years let me know...

#8 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

1980 was a model year change. all the subarus went to the new body style with exception of the brat which stayed till 81, so if its a single range ea71 brat then the 79 book would work, or if its a 81 ea81 dual range the 81 book would work. also one could check for 1981 ea71 single range but everything should be the same as there was very little change between 79- 81 with the exceptioin of some of the AC stuff and the introduction to the ea 81 dual range...

#9 Twowagons

Twowagons

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Montgomery

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:36 PM

Thank you for clearing that up Tail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users