Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 door hinges

Do they still exist? I mean does anybody have a old part number for the left and right lower door hinges for a 78 Brat? If not does anybody have a good set of lower door hinges they want to part with? I got to looking at my drivers side lower one today when I had the door off my Brat. Man! Is it wore out. I pulled out my extras that I had kept and they were no better. I guess I really had not paid any attention to there condition. Any help would be appreciated.

Do they still exist? I mean does anybody have a old part number for the left and right lower door hinges for a 78 Brat? If not does anybody have a good set of lower door hinges they want to part with? I got to looking at my drivers side lower one today when I had the door off my Brat. Man! Is it wore out. I pulled out my extras that I had kept and they were no better. I guess I really had not paid any attention to there condition. Any help would be appreciated.

All 1977 Stage II thru 1979 Subarus have the same lower front door hinge.Hunt out a parts car online.It works really great.You'll be refered to yards with the car/part you need begining with those closest to you....sorry if you knew this already.:)

i would assume 81 brats would have the same hing as they are gen1

lower hinge drivers side )RH)

lower hinge pass side(rh)

subaruparts.com has one of them but the 371 nuber is showing as soming else. ill check my 78 manual later and see what it has for part numbers.

part numbers for 78 are as follows.

LH Lower

RH LOwer

apperars the pass side is still avalible for 45.00 or so from subaruparts.com

applications crossed teh model year so you should be able to use any hinge from any subaru pre79 and post 77,

except for the Hard Top. they have a differnt part number. anyway hope that helps.

let me know if you need any other part numbers.

I have an 80 Brat so where are those part numbers? Whats up with the 1980??

i just happend to come acrost some parts books so i have

68, 360,

FF1

72 stage one- 75.

77-79,

and 86-88

so if you have a question about part numbers in these years let me know...

1980 was a model year change. all the subarus went to the new body style with exception of the brat which stayed till 81, so if its a single range ea71 brat then the 79 book would work, or if its a 81 ea81 dual range the 81 book would work. also one could check for 1981 ea71 single range but everything should be the same as there was very little change between 79- 81 with the exceptioin of some of the AC stuff and the introduction to the ea 81 dual range...