Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy

Hey folks. I've been lurking around awhile learning a lot about my Outback, thought it was about time to say hey. First off I'm on my second Subaru. The first was an '86 GL Wagon that I owned when I lived in CO. I loved that little bugger and drove it in places that it never should have been and it didn't complain a bit. I finally had to admit that I needed more ground clearance for the off-road stuff I was doing and traded my GL in on a Jeep. Fast forward about 10 years....I no longer live in CO and now I'm married with a kid so traded the Jeep and got another Subaru. My present car is a 2000 Outback wagon that I bought used with ~20k on it. I've got ~60k on it now and it's required no significant cash infusion so far :) . The brakes just started making a grinding sound so I'll have to fix that I guess.... This is a great site, glad I found it.

Hey folks. I've been lurking around awhile learning a lot about my Outback, thought it was about time to say hey. First off I'm on my second Subaru. The first was an '86 GL Wagon that I owned when I lived in CO. I loved that little bugger and drove it in places that it never should have been and it didn't complain a bit. I finally had to admit that I needed more ground clearance for the off-road stuff I was doing and traded my GL in on a Jeep. Fast forward about 10 years....I no longer live in CO and now I'm married with a kid so traded the Jeep and got another Subaru. My present car is a 2000 Outback wagon that I bought used with ~20k on it. I've got ~60k on it now and it's required no significant cash infusion so far :) . The brakes just started making a grinding sound so I'll have to fix that I guess.... This is a great site, glad I found it.

Welcome aboard, and welcome out of the shadows as well. :)