Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

stockpile of free parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaroonDuneDoom

MaroonDuneDoom

Stick It To The Man!!!

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Casper,Wy

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:31 AM

i met this old man through an ad in my local newspaper for free loyale doors. i knew they would fit my gl, so i picked them up. when i get there, i find out that about one week ago, he gave TEN truckloads of free subaru parts away. oh man!!! and on top of that, the day i went over there, he just threw away 3 axles and a tranny(don't know exactly what kind). the worst thing is that when i said i was looking for a brushguard and a roof rack, he said he threw them away three days ago:boohoo: :banghead: :banghead: :boohoo: he still has a few parts, but none that i really need. oh, he is giving me a rear window w/defrost. i was going to pay $125 to have one installed tomorrow. so, a little good, a lot of missed parts, but a full set of maroon gl/loyale doors and a rear window.

anybody want the doors?

#2 EmmCeeBee

EmmCeeBee

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • SW Washington

Posted 13 October 2003 - 11:33 AM

Huh? Santa Claus lives in Wyoming????

-- Mark

#3 electryc_monk

electryc_monk

Air-ride Airehead

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Denton, Tx

Posted 13 October 2003 - 01:55 PM

i'd of told the guy about this group and seen what his reaction would of been.

maybe he would slow down the throw away but, you never know unless you ask....

#4 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 13 October 2003 - 08:43 PM

Well, Where did he throw them away? Is it someplace that you could go a scavenge? Boz

#5 MaroonDuneDoom

MaroonDuneDoom

Stick It To The Man!!!

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Casper,Wy

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:49 PM

that was the first thing i asked him, boz. but he took them to our local landfill/dump. i called them that day and they said they already ran their iron bin. bummer

#6 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 13 October 2003 - 11:34 PM

thats what the guy who I got my 87 GL-10 from had but they were all attach too cars and he had allready hauled off like three or four cars before I got there I told him about the board and he was like naw I don't do that stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users