Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part #'s anyone?

Does anyone happen to know the part # for the speedometer cable from a '79 Brat? Is this part interchangeable with the rest of the single range, 4WD tranny cars?

Anyone know of somewhere a new windshield for the same Brat can be sourced?

And the real challenge... How about a new, Cat-back exhaust?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone happen to know the part # for the speedometer cable from a '79 Brat? Is this part interchangeable with the rest of the single range, 4WD tranny cars?Original p/n was 6865 02262And you should find that same cable available from any Gen I Brat,and any Stage II (late '77 thru 79) manual shift Subaru.

Anyone know of somewhere a new windshield for the same Brat can be sourced?

:)If for some reason you can't find one out west I should have one.I cannot ship right now.Just keep it in mind incase you find yourself still needing one in a few months.

And the real challenge... How about a new, Cat-back exhaust?They do show up on eBay.There was a guy in RI but he might be out of those now.In many states a car over 25 years old doesn't have the same requirements as newer vehicles.Have you checked in your state?You might be able to have pipes made fairly inexpensively without having to hunt out stock pipes.

Thanks in advance.

;)Good luck with it.

Thanks for all the good info!

I have an exhaust laying around from an old BMW I'll use if it comes to that. I was hoping there was some OEM stuff still around for simplicity's sake. I also like the fact that the stock system keeps peak torque in the low end of the power band. Good performance quality to have with only a single range transmission IMHO. Old Subaru's seem to go through exhaust systems quicker than anything else of the era. Maybe the tendency for leaking head gaskets is behind this?

I can likely find a used windshield somewhere but I'd prefer new. Old glass tends to cloud up after years of UV exposure and I'd rather not install something that's already pointed it's useful life down that path. Again, I will if it's my only option.

If you happen to know of any on-line suppliers for the parts mentioned, that would be sweet.

Thanks again.