Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 Hat thread

I was thinking about this after the show last year, just for the reasons stated.

I'm thinking of getting ballcaps made, with the WCSS logo on the front and your name/screen name on the back. And maybe some other Subaru related stuff embroiderd on it. Altho the tags will probably be free, the ballcaps wont be. I have no prices yet, but just to get the digitizing done, its around $50.

Thoughts?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 bucks seems a bit much for hats, but if enough people get them then the costs will come down eh? I'd like a Subie hat with my screen name on it though, that would be cool, but no "old man mesh" on the back, we need wool, or cotton all the way around.

Ok, let me rephrase that. The first hat is going to cost $50. Thats just to do the digitizing, the layout and any other graphics. After that it should be just the cost of the hat and a much smaller $ amount for the sewing. I think they might cost around $15-$17, but dont quote me on that yet.

This will be something like the mugs that were done. If you want them personalised or not, you will need to put your order in. Its still all in the planning stage, I need to know how many might want one.

this isn't the hat thread?

Why? Are you lost?

The most I've spent on a hat was $22. That was from a Harley Dealership. Really.

The gal at the shop told that the stitching cost $1per 1000stitches. So the less elaborate the better. Also, the more colors, the more it costs. I'm thinking all gold for the color, it stands out well on most background colors. And gold is a little classier than yellow. If we keep things fairly simple, it will cost less. Keep that in mind. That way we can maybe get nicer hats.

No, we talked about it in the flyer thread. The people doing the work on the hats will not do logo's.

From the Graphics thread:

Ok, I've come up with a little incentive. Whoever comes up with the display for the posters/flyers, etc, will have the opportunity to have it used on the hats I'm trying to get made up. The winner will get a free hat

Now your probably thinking that I'm a lazy you know what, but really I just dont have time to try and figure out something. Besides, I think that whatever is used will probably be used for the shirts as well.

Does this sound fair?

Btw, I cant use anything with the Subaru logo or emblem. Copyright laws