Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 Hat thread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, lets stay on topic.

It looks like the graphics for the flyers (and maybe more) is going to be the license plate theme. I dont think this is going to work for the hats.

How about if we stick to something more Subaru related? That way the hat can be worn for all occasions. But still have the WCSS8 on it, but not as prominant.

How about if we stick to something more Subaru related? That way the hat can be worn for all occasions. But still have the WCSS8 on it, but not as prominant.

I was thinking the same thing. I dont wanna be wearing my hat and get a bunch of "whats WCSS stand for" questions. Its gonna be hard to make it more subaru related without ripping off the logo.

I was gonna work some more in photoshop, but it seems the officials have decided on the license plate thing. That and i spent the day in the garage today instead of on the PC.

-Brian

definitely down for a hat.i agree that simple is better.if i had photoshop i would whip up a couple designs.i am thinking of a black,or very dark blue hat with gold writing.what would soa say if we used the stars for the front?names on the back,and maybe some viking horns coming out of the sides.yep count me in.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I dont think we have to worry about copyright infringement. I've been checking out a few things. I've noticed alot of shirts and other ballcaps with company logos. I think the trick is to not make a profit off the sales. We'll see, I'm still doing research.

Actually, I dont think we have to worry about copyright infringement. I've been checking out a few things. I've noticed alot of shirts and other ballcaps with company logos. I think the trick is to not make a profit off the sales. We'll see, I'm still doing research.
I think that since the original was purchased from Subaru, and it didn't cause harm to the Subaru name, they could care less.

Theres nothing different about the logo on those signs, thats factory accurate.

I also have a shirt from the old PNW Subaru Club that has the logo on it and the SUBARU name on it also. I dont think these were purchased from Subaru.

The deal is that Subaru has not chosen to prosecute them, but that doesn't mean that they were safe or right in using the logo. The fact the you purchase the hats from Subaru means that you have paid them the royalty for the logo, after that it is your property.

well, my take on it is that if we utilize some sort of logo or trademark.....

one:it is not being used in the demise of a name or intention of demise of said name.whatever that name may be.

two:maybe we are getting to high on the horse with worry thinking that subaru of america and fuji heavy industries is going to come after some people for using their logo that use their cars for hobbies.

3:small fish my friends,small fish

jm2cents

The deal is that Subaru has not chosen to prosecute them, but that doesn't mean that they were safe or right in using the logo. The fact the you purchase the hats from Subaru means that you have paid them the royalty for the logo, after that it is your property.

Thats if I buy the hats from Subaru. Which I'm not doing, I'm getting them from the place that is doing the embroidery. If the product bearing the TM is not being used to promote another business and the sale of its products, I dont think there is going to be a problem with using the logo. If you dont feel right about it, I wont force you to purchase a hat:cool:

If anyone cares to read thru all the legalise of TM, Copyrights and Patents, heres the link:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/doc/basic/index.html

I have never seen a registered mark on any of the Subaru logo's, only on the name itself. And the logo I'm using is the Old School one.