Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help 83 gl10 wagon drivers seat bolt points broken!!!

Hey fellow subies I have recently become the proud owner of a 83 gl10 4wd wagon. Just started working on it so I could drive to work it needed new seats and passenger window. Window was easy :clap: But now I need to change the front seats and the drivers side on outside front bolt hole is destroyed... and back mount is cut through halfway and threads are gone :banghead: Any Ideas? and what year seats will swap in?

Hey fellow subies I have recently become the proud owner of a 83 gl10 4wd wagon. Just started working on it so I could drive to work it needed new seats and passenger window. Window was easy :clap: But now I need to change the front seats and the drivers side on outside front bolt hole is destroyed... and back mount is cut through halfway and threads are gone :banghead: Any Ideas? and what year seats will swap in?

Gonna need a welder to fix that mess. Reinforce the holes on the floorpan, and modify any seat that you like to fit. There are no direct bolt ins other than another EA81 vehicle. EA82 seats will fit without too much modification. The easiest seat swap I've done was with a set from an Isuzu Impulse. Three of the 4 bolt holes line up more or less. Just have to adapt for the fourth one with a bit of steel to make a bracket.

The EA81 seat rails seem to be very weak (well - at least for me being 6' 2", and 200lbs). I've had to weld some reinforcing steel to them to prevent failures near the bolt down points.

GD