Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a new Master Cylinder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NewDriverOlderRide

NewDriverOlderRide

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Ft. Myers

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

So I need a new Master cylinder of my 1993 Loyale S/W 4WD, Napa says 116$ and 10$ for shipping. They will have to order it, are there any places that I can get one for a little bit cheaper etc.? Also, do I need hillholder thing? or what? Links appreciated. Also, what about those rebuild kits from Napa for lke 50$?

Thanks,
Tyler

#2 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

So I need a new Master cylinder of my 1993 Loyale S/W 4WD, Napa says 116$ and 10$ for shipping. They will have to order it, are there any places that I can get one for a little bit cheaper etc.? Also, do I need hillholder thing? or what? Links appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler

They're 108.86 at www.SubaruGenuineParts.com and that's an OEM part. Is NAPA an OEM part?

Rock auto has A1 cardones (aftermarket) for 36 bucks plus a refundable core. www.rockauto.com

#3 zyewdall

zyewdall

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,132 posts
  • Ward, CO

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

I remember about $60 at Checker for a rebuilt EA81 master cylinder. Seems like EA82 might be similar? The shipping stuff is crap -- if you pick it up at their store it comes on their regular parts shipment even if they ordered it from another store, and they shouldn't charge you shipping. Or at least that's how Checker is. About 75% of the stuff I get there they have to order, and I've never paid shipping.

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,743 posts
  • WV

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

they're all over ebay for $10 - $30. i've never had one fail, i'd probably install a used one myself. probably get one of them from here for a few dollars. i think they're different somehow, but if an XT6 one fits yours i'll sell you one that i know is good. PM or email. post in the "parts wanted" forum, someone there will have one for you.

#5 Subarian

Subarian

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • Orem

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

I got a rebuilt one from Autozone for around $55. The only problem was that it had an extra female fitting and finding the right size plug for it was a pain.

#6 NewDriverOlderRide

NewDriverOlderRide

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Ft. Myers

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:54 AM

Bump

#7 NewDriverOlderRide

NewDriverOlderRide

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Ft. Myers

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

#8 NewDriverOlderRide

NewDriverOlderRide

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Ft. Myers

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

PLEASE!

I would like to be able to fix this ASAP! otherwise I can't drive!

#9 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:57 PM

Do you have questions left unanswered? It looks like they were answered...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users