Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a new Master Cylinder

So I need a new Master cylinder of my 1993 Loyale S/W 4WD, Napa says 116$ and 10$ for shipping. They will have to order it, are there any places that I can get one for a little bit cheaper etc.? Also, do I need hillholder thing? or what? Links appreciated. Also, what about those rebuild kits from Napa for lke 50$?

Thanks,

Tyler

So I need a new Master cylinder of my 1993 Loyale S/W 4WD, Napa says 116$ and 10$ for shipping. They will have to order it, are there any places that I can get one for a little bit cheaper etc.? Also, do I need hillholder thing? or what? Links appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

They're 108.86 at www.SubaruGenuineParts.com and that's an OEM part. Is NAPA an OEM part?

Rock auto has A1 cardones (aftermarket) for 36 bucks plus a refundable core. www.rockauto.com

I remember about $60 at Checker for a rebuilt EA81 master cylinder. Seems like EA82 might be similar? The shipping stuff is crap -- if you pick it up at their store it comes on their regular parts shipment even if they ordered it from another store, and they shouldn't charge you shipping. Or at least that's how Checker is. About 75% of the stuff I get there they have to order, and I've never paid shipping.

they're all over ebay for $10 - $30. i've never had one fail, i'd probably install a used one myself. probably get one of them from here for a few dollars. i think they're different somehow, but if an XT6 one fits yours i'll sell you one that i know is good. PM or email. post in the "parts wanted" forum, someone there will have one for you.