Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New stuff for our old stuff, nuts only!

WJM

**DO NOT USE FUEL FILTER BELOW ON FUEL INJECTED CARS, SAFETY ISSUE**

ok, Ive got us EA82 FI nuts a new fuel filter. Its a NAPA Gold 3002. I put it on both my GL-10 and RX, both turbo cars, and they have not been starving for fuel. Best of all, these filters are clear, so you can see when its time to change them. They list for $5.84...i got them alot less than that...since I work there.

For those of use who want an oil cooler, on page 318 of the PSA 2003 NAPA Catalog, object I. Its a thermostatically controlled oil cooler adapter. it WILL work on our EAXX subarus, and from what i hear of the factory unit on the Euro cars, this unit is the same as it as it is sandwiched between the oil filter and the pump. The t-stat starts to open at 160 deg F, and is fully open at 180 deg F. also on those pages there are cooler kits, and lines and such...on the page before, there is a section of trans coolers...

1-7515 is the cooler adapter part number. its around $30.

I plan on using the 1-4822 trans cooler core, its 7.5 by 12 inches, and 3/4 inches thick. Its around $40 I think. Both of these parts are in the ATP line code.

I did have a pic of the fuel filters installed...but they ahve dissapeared somewhere into the depths of my many subaru pisture directories...so...yeah.

There was sometihng else...Oh, just for the heck of it, I am running Catrol GP SAE 50 Racing oil in the RX...:grin:

And then.....i have nothing new for the MOMO/Grant steering wheel project OR camber plates. My life has been busy with an actual job, and trying to keep both cars legal, and running. So far the RX is running better than the GL-10...soon, it will get the XT6 FT4WD trans put in....I promise before X-mas. And then....i go and surf thru the rest of the board! :headbang:

Is there any benifit to adding one on my carbed engine? Since I like to do alot of crawling around in the Arizona heat, I wonder if that would B a good upgrade?

Funny, I was just thinking of adding a oil cooler to help bring down my operating temps.:brow:

• 3 months later...

Hey WJM,

have you tried this adapter yet on your car? The reason I ask is that a couple years ago I bought a remote dual oil filter kit, and the adapter that screwed on in place of the stock filter sucked. It stayed on, but the threads just weren't the right size or something, so I took it off in fear of it taking itself off.

$30 sounds like a good deal, and I've already got an old oil coiler off of a four-wheeler sitting in the garage that would be about the right size. Now, the way these work is that when the oil is cold it just flows through the filter and into the engine, then when the opening temperature is reached, the oil goes through the cooler, then through the filter, then into the engine, right?

Snowman: have not had the time to try it yet. Ive got the whole kit ready to go...NEW cooler core, lines, and everything. Its been sitting around for about a year now. Since I got the RX, I got another kit, and since it pooped out, i decided to sell these things...but I had more intrest than I had expected...so i jsut started getting more to see! lol I should be getting this thing installed before the weather gets warm....like, soon.

XSNRG: Yep, Ive seen those too.

Turbone: Fuel filter? Huh? Lemme look back....Oh, that thing. DONT USE IT! Its a plastic one, and it bloated out...I switched to a metal one, its still way cheaper. Like, $7~$8 I think...I did not burst, but it bloated out alot...