Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Listen to this exhaust.

Just as an FYI, welding aint that hard. What's hard is being GOOD at it. But with exhaust, just keep welding and welding until its sealed. Its a good place to learn how to weld. I don't personally own a welder, but I noticed HF is selling MIGs for $120.00. Anyone ever used a HF cheapie welder?

Hmmmmm..... might have to try one out..... after I rewire a 30 amp circuit to the garage.....

:banana:

Jordan

Just as an FYI, welding aint that hard. What's hard is being GOOD at it. But with exhaust, just keep welding and welding until its sealed. Its a good place to learn how to weld. I don't personally own a welder, but I noticed HF is selling MIGs for $120.00. Anyone ever used a HF cheapie welder?

Hmmmmm..... might have to try one out..... after I rewire a 30 amp circuit to the garage.....

:banana:

Jordan

Actually - I have a HF MIG box - works quite well for the light duty stuff. I wanted a small MIG that would be 110, and could use flux-cored to be as portable as possible. Doesn't need any special circuit - runs off any outlet like a vacuum cleaner. Perfect for exhaust work - tack welding while test fitting things. Just nice to have as an extra setup. I noticed that I can literally weld with it in a T-shirt as it makes very little splatter. Pretty neat. Not much use for anything over 1/8" tho. I have a miller 220 with gas for that - or the blue wrench.

GD