Ultimate Subaru Message Board

diesel westy syncro

lol want to talk about a holy grail? Try finding a Syncro Doublecab. For those who don't know what they are, the Doublecab is basically a Vanagon, with four doors instead of two + sliding door, with a bed. Not all that uncommon, but of the syncro version they only imported eight I think to north america, and of those one was destroyed during transit.

Def. would not mind a doublecab, those sure do turn more heads than a Vanagon, but I also wouldnt' mind finding another vanagon when I get home :-P

lol want to talk about a holy grail? Try finding a Syncro Doublecab. For those who don't know what they are, the Doublecab is basically a Vanagon, with four doors instead of two + sliding door, with a bed. Not all that uncommon, but of the syncro version they only imported eight I think to north america, and of those one was destroyed during transit.

Def. would not mind a doublecab, those sure do turn more heads than a Vanagon, but I also wouldnt' mind finding another vanagon when I get home :-P

For some reason it seems like I saw one of these on ebay recently. You obviously know more about them than I do and I may be mistaken, but I know it was a double cab and I could have sworn it was a syncro.

I actually remember reading the article in Car and Driver when they were new. The author called is a "swiss army knife on wheels."

• 2 weeks later...
Try finding a Syncro Doublecab

Quite a few of these in Pacific NW now, most have been imported through Canada. Yahoo even has a "syncro double cab" group. I've seen a few of the 16" around Portland and at the NW Mogfest.

Classifieds on The Samba has some rare vanagons for sale, usually in Europe but some have been imported already.