Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Kuhlman

Rob Kuhlman

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • SE Penna.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

Greetings, All!

I'm on the verge of acquiring my first Subaru. My son is unloading his '95 Legacy L s.w., which he had in Florida for several years, due to his move to NYC (where he views car ownership as a liability). I come from the Volvo world (240s, 855s) and am contemplating unloading my '87 244 with 210,000 miles and replacing it with my son's Legacy wagon with 120,000 miles. I've done a ton of my own maintenance work on the Volvos over the years; I'm sensing that this Legacy is pretty owner-maintainable as well.

I've registered with this group to get a sense of what's out there to support Subaru owners and am impressed with what I see so far. I'll be back. In the meantime, just wanted to say 'Hi'.

Rob Kuhlman

#2 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

Welcome home, Rob. You found the right place to get up to speed on Subarus--most helpful people in the automotive world right here.

Oh, and your son's car is the best Subaru ever built. (I may be a bit prejudiced toward '95 Legacy L wagons though!)

Aloha.

#3 friendly_jacek

friendly_jacek

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • USA

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:41 AM

If the engine is 2.2L than it is officially indestructible. Cant say it about the the newer powerplants.

#4 2X2KOB

2X2KOB

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Midstate MO

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

Welcome Rob!

Righto - the late 90's Phase 1 DOHC 2.5 is not the most highly regarded engine.

BTW, it's not like you came in not knowing anyone - you sold me some 240 fuel injection parts last summer. At some point in the future, my daughter is going to appreciate that.

Mark

#5 Rob Kuhlman

Rob Kuhlman

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • SE Penna.

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

Wow, Mark! Small world! How about that. This was the AMM and the computer for an '89?

So...as a Subaru neophyte, I'm intrigued to learn more. How does the world of Subaru compare with the Volvo world?

Rob

Welcome Rob!

Righto - the late 90's Phase 1 DOHC 2.5 is not the most highly regarded engine.

BTW, it's not like you came in not knowing anyone - you sold me some 240 fuel injection parts last summer. At some point in the future, my daughter is going to appreciate that.

Mark

#6 JPX

JPX

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • San Jose

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Don't know much about Volvos.....my soft spot is actually Volkswagens. As an owner of a 1996 Legacy L sedan, I have lots of opinions and general declarations about this car. So ask away! And welcome to USMB!

#7 2X2KOB

2X2KOB

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Midstate MO

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

Wow, Mark! Small world! How about that. This was the AMM and the computer for an '89?

So...as a Subaru neophyte, I'm intrigued to learn more. How does the world of Subaru compare with the Volvo world?

Rob

That's right, AMM, ECU, CPS, ETC. Good stuff.

Subarus are interesting. We have two now. I like the AWD and the interior quality, but the transmissions are WAY more expensive to replace. And there's too many wires and computers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users