Ultimate Subaru Message Board

motherload of soob parts, but theres a downside

well i found a junkyard yesterday afternoon.. they said the specialize in late model stuff, so i figured they prolly wouldn't have what i needed..

but anyways since its not a u-pull-it, the yard guy drove me back to the soob parts in a SOOB.. we had to boonie hop down a hill, then forge a foot deep mud pit to get to the soobs tho...

when we get there i see like 3 rows (20+ in a row) of nothing but ea81 and ea82 soobs.. i was like holy crap you got alot of these..

just at a quick glance, there were a few ea81 wagons, 1 ea81 hatch, an xt6 or 2, a few regular xt's, an RX, loads of turbo and N/A coupes, wagons, and sedans, gl's, gl-10's, dl's... didn't see any brats tho..

and since the guy didn't get my spindle outa the only hatch there, i asked him if i could wander, he said sure np... so i went for a walk.. the hatch had a Like-new chrome roof rack (factory) and just about every other part i need.. (sorry i found my parts car)

there was also a couple chrome roof racks on the ea81 wagons.. nice shape..

so wandered though the other rows.. most of the cars were smashed in one form or another.. lots of roof racks, wings, RX spoiler, interior parts galore (lots of interiors were almost mint, seats included) tons of parts... almost all of the suspension parts on alot of these are already pulled and in the backs of the cars....

now the drawback is its not a pick-n-pull, so the guy looks at his computer screen and says yep or nope if they got it... since i got a good look at the hatch i can tell him what he has and doesn't have for it, lol. and thier prices aren't the lowest around.. spindle with a good wheel bearing cost me $40... but i got to ride in aother soob and go boonie hopin and mud boggin lol so it wasn't too bad..

at any rate, if you all can't find a part, i'm bettin they have it.. just thoguht i'd share my junk yard experience :headbang:

ohh yeah there was a couple touring wagons there too (raised roof)

• 6 months later...

Did they have any xts with spider intake? If so then here is what I am looking for:

1) A/C bracket from a spider intake for a Matsusheta Compressor (smaller square looking air conditioning compressor).

2) EGR solenoid valve (part# AESU128- 6Z25)

-it sits on the turbo spider waterpipe and it is the one that is closest to the thermostat.

-the one on the NA spider waterpipe may be the same.

3) a small vacuum line. There are two small vacuum hoses that go from the manifold to the throttle body. If you can get me those two little hoses then that would be great.

4) dashpot. Part number printed on it is: APDV34-2

5) any PCV & AAV hoses in good non-cracked condition from a turbo spider intake manifold.

Were you ever able to get the dimensions on the box with the RX rear window panels?