Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

warning:don't be stupid!!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

That's nuts. A hatch is small enough without the roof crushed in!

This was the car with homemade control arms, right?

#27 LiftedHatchSubie

LiftedHatchSubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

:eek: DAMN!!!! :eek: Was planning to put a cage in my Honda Hatch but think I'm going to put one in my Subaru first then the Honda......Glad everyone was alright...very good idea to check the trail ahead especially when you can't see it from the car.

#28 quebechatch

quebechatch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • quebec/ Canada

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

That's nuts. A hatch is small enough without the roof crushed in!

This was the car with homemade control arms, right?

everything on that lift is homemade

#29 eggroller

eggroller

another car dude...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Bellevue

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

Link?

I couldn't find your gallery.

Link to photo album

#30 quebechatch

quebechatch

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • quebec/ Canada

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

For the ones thinking of installing a roll cage in there car, I would suggest you put in a 4 or 5 points harness too, because without it your only protecting your car from being crushed. in my case It was a really good thing we were not wearing our seatbelts .

#31 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

Wow, yea thank god you all were okay. Been in two Roll-overs in my life (none when I was driving) and they were both the scariest things I've been through...after seeing those pics though, my lifted Roo is getting a cage/good seats & belts before I do anything else major.

#32 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

Man I hated seeing those photos...scary. Especially considering that I have had a few close brushes with endo-ing in my Hatch. Just a couple weeks ago I didn't make it over the top of a super steep hill climb and when backing down it the rear wheels dropped into a hole and stopped the car suddenly. I nearly soiled myself when the front wheels lifted off the ground momentarily and I thought the car was going over backwards. Guess the roll cage needs to be put back on the to-do list.

A few years ago I was toying with the idea of using a pre-fabbed six point cage made for VW bugs. I test fit it and found that it was a perfect fit for Hatchbacks. The wall thickness is thinner than SCCA requires but with added gussets etc, one of these cheapo cages would should hold up for rollovers.

#33 FirstSubaruGLwagon

FirstSubaruGLwagon

YHWH is life

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Wilmington

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

Wow, yea thank god you all were okay. Been in two Roll-overs in my life (none when I was driving) and they were both the scariest things I've been through...after seeing those pics though, my lifted Roo is getting a cage/good seats & belts before I do anything else major.

Yeah I had a roll-over going backwards at 35mph crushed my hand send blood squrting out the ends of my fingers,,,,, not fun

Dr, I like your new avatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users