Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After an oil change the transmission started emitting high pitched noise that was intensifiyng with speed acceleration. During the oil change the car was running and a friend have told us it was not recommended for Subarus like for american cars.

Have anyone experienced similar problems? Any insights will be highly appreciated:-))))

Thanks a lot for the swift reply:-)))

The oil has been changed in a repair shop and I always suspected it was not done properly. After about a year the transmission broke down and had to replace it:-((( I am planning to sue the repair shop for negligent service and I am trying to figure out where to find something like a repair manual where to read more on ATF oil change subject.

No they did not. When I replaced the ATF in another shop they found "ATF fluid came out front differential". Do you think they performed faulty service in the first shop? I really hope I have some grounds for court battle but have to prepare good statement for the judge. BTW where I can find professional Subaru auto repair manual for technicians?

Yeah:-)))This factory Service Manuals will do the job;-)))) That was exactly what I was looking for:-)))Thanks a lot!

I have to figure out what was the main reason for the brake down so a lot of reading awaits me:-))

This link mentioned a source for the download. But it will cost $20-25 for the very brief subscription period.

http://home.comcast.net/~skipnospam/Head_gasket_replacement.html

Changing the ATF with the engine running is just as bad as chainging the oil with the engine running. They have wiped out your front pump. and god knows what those little metal peices are going to do to everything else.

This is so outlandish i dont think your going to find any information anywhere in the factory manuals about it. The factory manuals assume some basic knowledge. May be better off with haynes or chiltons.

They could have wiped out seals and god knows what else.

nipper

I know that something went completely wrong:-((( It is part my fault because I did not check the repair shop recommendations thoroughly before I reqiested the change of the transmission oil. I complained a few times about the noise and they changed the filter too but was not of any help. I had never expected such lack of competence and basic skills:-(((( I am sure it will be hard to find information about hands on skills that auto repair technicians learn on day one on the job:-(((