Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Computers 87 GL 10

About 5 minutes after starting up, every indivator light on my GL 10's dash lit up, but otherwise everything was normal. I decided to try fro home, and after about a mile, everyhting returned to normal.

8 miles later, the dash lit up again and the engine died.

My guess is that an accumulation of salt on a connector shorted one of the computers. Thre problem is identiifying and locating the affected box.

Any suggestions?

I'd also look at the two main wire connectors *under-near* the alt. for the engine connections too, just for the sake of cleanliness too. After all its just a simple lift of the tab and *POP* the wire tips are visible and checking for corrosion is rather obvious at that point for all - what 7 ? connectors? [ two big 15 and 16 pin, a couple 3 or 5 of the 2 pin type connectors]

(reason I'm adding this two or three minute additional look-see is well, that which Calebz got to find on one of his old rides.

then I'd take the alt. off the car and run it over to an auto parts place for testing ..... makes me wonder if its the internal/external regulator getting freaky on you.