Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Meet the Imposter

Qman

Well... it's an Imposter for a few reasons.

1) It's a GL

2) It's 2wd

3) SPFI

It's my eldest sons and is one of the few 3drs I actually like. I think it has to do with the color, kit and the wheels. I had to install 4WD coil overs in the rear to accomodate the tireswheels which are 195/60R14's and Enke's.

Now to get him a job so he can have it repainted and then we'll get to work at massaging a little power out of the SPFI.

Weird, I always thought the Loyale was the low end GL :lol:

It does have the standard ammenities. Power steering, windows, locks and mirrors. Also has A/C but it doesn't work.

You wouldn't have rubbing issues with a 4WD. Plus the Enke's are Pug issue so the offset is alot different. I'll add a front stance shot soon. It's really wide, wider than my Hatch even.

You're right about the low-end GL, thing, I was just saying that it bein a 2wd SPFI, kinda sounds like a janky loyale, but just as easily a GL, i guess...Prolly the imaculate maroon paint that I see on many loyales, just cuz they havent been around as long..

Ken, not to hijack, but would a spider intake, easily be put onto a motor with spfi do ya think, and would it help performance?

I don't know about the intake. I will find out the best way to go when he gets a job and starts paying for the stuff himself. I think I have put enough into it at this point.

Aero kit

Wheels

Tires

Rear discs

Clutch

Belts and maintenance.

Fine photos of the rallycross. Did you post them elsewhere under rallycross topic? Got any more? "Imposter" does certainly look fine.

Saw you caught in the traffic south of Olympia. Matt was kind enough to call me and warn us so we stopped to eat in Centralia but still got caught up in a little of the traffic. I tried to call you but your 'phone was turned off.

I made a deal with all of my kids. If you carry a B or better and stay out of trouble I'll buy your 1st car. Both of my eldest children have/had accomplished this. My Daughter played Volleyball and my Son played Basketball and Football(started in both on Varsity) and carried a 3.58 accumulative gpa( 4yr average). So yeah, I cut him a bit of a break.

So, yeah, it's a mutual aggreement.

Caleb is right. I scored some of the repair parts from him when it got backed into.

Rick, not on YOUR life. I may make it peppy but not fast by any means. I know what fast cars will do in a teenaged boys (or girls for that matter) hands. Yes, I am speaking from experience. If they want to get into rallyX or something then we'll talk but it is just too expensive to play on the street at their age now.

hey, i've seen that car before :P still looks good

a spider intake has to go on MPFI/turbo heads. whatever pistons inside whatever block you use are up to you. turbo and carb have the same low compression pistons and MPFI/SPFI have the same higher compression pistons. have fun :D

Very nice. I like the paint (mica red pearl is my favorite, I wish they hadn't axed it). But I can't say that a fairly new/fast car is guaranteed to cause trouble--so far I've had one "mishap" in a '99 Forester, no damage (someone rear-ended me at a red light), no tickets, nothing. That's over about 6 months now, and 20K miles. My previous daily driver was an '83 VW Rabbit, and to have to live with that again, especially on the highway, would make me buy a better bicycle. (I had no mishaps/tickets/etc in that, either, but it was scary going more than 45 mph. I think in some cases a faster car is safer.)