Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A couple of Questions

Hi

Just a couple of quick ones here.

Why does it seem that most Subaru's covered in the the years that this forum covers.... look like that have had their hood's sprayed with AV Gas?

Uncertain whether its a stabilizer or a sway bar.. in the front. I know I need new links... 2 bolts and nuts per side and some really cheap little bracket affairs. If this is the stock part , its real bad.... does anyone know a good place to get these that goes beyond the original Spec's?

Thanks

Robert

Why does it seem that most Subaru's covered in the the years that this forum covers.... look like that have had their hood's sprayed with AV Gas?

i think that's applicable to most 20 year old cars where i live.
Uncertain whether its a stabilizer or a sway bar.. in the front. I know I need new links... 2 bolts and nuts per side and some really cheap little bracket affairs. If this is the stock part , its real bad.... does anyone know a good place to get these that goes beyond the original Spec's?
not sure what you're talking about, brackets that hold the swap bar bushings in place? can you post a picture of them? if you're looking for different brackets, i doubt you'll find anything. the stock ones should be fine, just get non-rusted used ones and they'll be fine if it's the brackets holding the bushings in place. or maybe you're talking about something else???

Cheap car with not-so-great paint. Old Subies aren't really cars many people are willing to spend a whole lot of money claying, waxing, and polishing to keep them looking nice.

Sorry I guess I could have been clearer.

The bar seems to be secured to the chassis ok. The parts I'm referring to are at the end of the bar and connect then to the lower... if it was an American Car Id call it an A-frame... I suppose its more of the lower hub or strut assembly.

It actually looks like two small I shaped brackets that go on either side of the end of the sway bar... with a piece of rubber in the center and then the same thing where it connect to the wheel hub assembly .

I guess its really the rubber that needs changing... its not a great design as the rubber just seems to pass though and isn't well supported.

Il look for a pic.. or maybe i can draw it an scan it.

Thanks

Robert

• 2 months later...

I took the driver side bushing out.... someone must have messed with it as the only thing around the bolt was badly worn rubber.... i expected to find a metal sleeve of sorts in here.... well I put it back the same way I found it.. cept I used better rubber... not a fix.. but it will help until i can fix it.