Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

You know its bad when the dealer cant get it

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JustyPimp

JustyPimp

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Stanardsville

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

Napa,Autozone,Advanced and my Dealer! Noone can get an oil pump for my '90 Justy. I'm trying to get my parts to rebuild the motor, and turbo it, but its an uphill fight for sure.

Does anyone out there know where to get one for a 90 ECVT EFI 4x4 Justy?

How about anyone got a Motor? Can't find one JDM right now either. Will travel if close to virginia, else ship possibly.

I know Justys are the stepchildren of the board, but I'd really appreciate it.

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

I don't know where standardsville is, but shipping may not be so bad from Seattle, Carter Subaru, and Jamie from First Subaru Parts always seem to have plenty of "unavailable" parts.

#3 RONAN

RONAN

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Cincinnati

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

"JUSTYPIMP" let me know what success you have in finding one since I would also be in the market for one...

#4 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

www.1stsubaruparts.com
lists the pump components, as well as the whole pump assy - the assy does not look cheap .... maybe should just do rotors and seals - not familiar with the Justy pump tho

good luck

BTW - my expierence has been that one dealer will say that a part is unavailable when they really just don't want to look it up - have had so many problems with one dealership in particular, I don't use them anymore (they told me the timing belts for an EA82 were "unavailable" :lol: )- I would call several other dealersips to be sure

#5 RONAN

RONAN

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Cincinnati

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

www.1stsubaruparts.com
lists the pump components, as well as the whole pump assy - the assy does not look cheap .... maybe should just do rotors and seals - not familiar with the Justy pump tho

good luck

BTW - my expierence has been that one dealer will say that a part is unavailable when they really just don't want to look it up - have had so many problems with one dealership in particular, I don't use them anymore (they told me the timing belts for an EA82 were "unavailable" :lol: )- I would call several other dealersips to be sure

Oil pump = OUCH!!! > $$$

#6 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

Oil pump = OUCH!!! > $$$

thats what I thought :eek: - maybe it would be cheaper to buy another running justy and salvage the pump off it :grin:
but seriously - that is REALLLY freakin' expensive

#7 JustyPimp

JustyPimp

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Stanardsville

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

you guys rock. It's not as bad as it seems. My pump isnt a sealed unit, its more of a pumping mechanism. lol. The housing ($360), isnt the part i need. Its the rotors and seals..... Looks like its all set now.

Still possibly interested in a motor though, no salvage place even near me has a motor (of any type)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users