Ultimate Subaru Message Board

impreza now has a steel bumper :)

Ratty2Austin

welll, not much to it just a bunch of 2x4ish tube...(still needs some more parts but its on the car now.... and I have pics ;)

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

i still need to mount the new mini-turn signals (they will go on the top of the bar, so they wont easily get squished...

and I need to find a better way to attach my license plate-instead of zip ties!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, if you have air bags in your car, steel bumpers will alter the G forces that your car experiences when you crash, so the airbags will either deploy at very low speeds, or won't deploy at all. So if I may, my .04 cents of opinion, if your car is equipped, this is not the best of ideas.

truthfully these cars are pretty safe (even the models without airbags)

and I'd take my 91 legacy w/o airbags over one of these new 19million airbag plastic cars any day

And the Wonder Brumby- they are built light but, damn are they rigid.

Nothing beats a bit of metal on the front

(20 million Aussies are not wrong).

Nice Bar, well done!

Steel beats plastic every time.

Old boat building saying -

Woods good, plastics fantastic but........STEEL IS REAL!

People get out of your lane faster now I bet.

FYI, removing airbags from an airbag equiped car is a federal offense. Plus, If you have an accident and they are not working or not installed, you could be liable for all the damages and then some. Its best to just leave them in...

Anyway, I like that bumper :) Looks mean. You need to do it to the rear bumper as well.

FYI, removing airbags from an airbag equiped car is a federal offense. Plus, If you have an accident and they are not working or not installed, you could be liable for all the damages and then some. Its best to just leave them in...
I beleive it didn't come with it....it's just an L, used to have a 1.8l, don't think it's got ABS either.

I beleive it didn't come with it....it's just an L, used to have a 1.8l, don't think it's got ABS either.
All Impreza's have had driver and passanger side airbags.

Heck, if it wasnt as big of a deal to remove airbags I would have done it a long time ago from my L... But its just not worth it with the potential legal risks.