Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 Justy 4wd questions, wheels, etc.

I have a lead on a 1988 Justy manual tranny with 4wd, 2 door in great shape.. I am going to be buying it in a couple of weeks to add to my sube brood (ok, so far, only desert camo 6inch lifted brat).

My questions.. has anybody ever lifted a justy? and before you tell me it can't be done, remember, everybody used to say that about our EA81 and EA82 vehicles, and I have a 6inch on my brat....

I want to put 14inch rims on there with some hel mart off road tires... so I think I need a 2 inch lift minimum and probably a 3 inch lift... I have heard the justy bolt pattern is the same as a honda civic, so finding 14inch rims will be no problem.

What are the thoughts here?

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Guest taprackready

I was just looking at the same thing in my neck of the woods. 88 Justy with 130,000 on the odometer, great shape. I think they wanted to much money though. Sticker price was $2,900. or offer.

What bolt pattern is the Honda/Justy 4x100? If so then watercooled VW will also fit.

Bill

• 2 years later...

:burnout:

JUSTY Wheels are definitely 4 X 100. A main concern is the wheel well clearance (especially fronts). On my '89 RS 4WD, the original 13's were at most 5" wide. I am running some a truly bastardized 15 set up right now (won't mention the OEM brand at this moment!... will post pics shortly).

Was only able to do this by removing the splash guards and angle grinding the original metal flares and arch supports off (over 14 lbs worth!). Wound up glassing (still in progress) some schweet vintage fiberglass Datsun '210'? flares on...

Have a ball with it- please share progress/JPEGs,

1989 Subaru JUSTY RS 4WD

119,111 miles