Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABS working?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sydfloyd44

Sydfloyd44

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Central PA

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:39 PM

95 legacy L sedan. 2wd. 147,000

Last night while traveling rt 30 from Lancaster to York in my 04 4Runner, Had to do a quick stop from 30 mph due to a "stupid person" losing control in the snowstorm. ABS kicked in, got the typical shaking feel and came to a stop without any problems. Today, ran in to work in my Sube to shovel out the shop, I decided to test my ABS. Nothing happen?? Brakes locked up and I slid. Tried it at about 40 mph on a snow packed road. Tried over and over again a couple of times throughout the day. No vibrations, nothing. I actually drive quite cautious in the snow and rarely have reason to lock up my brakes so I honestly do not recall ever needing the ABS on my Sube. Now I am wondering if something is wrong or why they are doing this? ABS light comes on and goes off when starting the car and never did anything but this.
Any ideas before I take it in?

#2 dxrflyboy

dxrflyboy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Canterbury

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

The ABS won't activate if all four wheels are locked (the module interprets this as a full stop). AWD also reduces the tendency for the wheels to lock. If you have all four wheels off the ground, put the car in neutral, and step on the brake, the ABS should kick in, since all the wheels almost never stop at the same time. Without knowing your exact test conditions, I can't offer much more input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users