Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C comp to on board air. how much cfm??

Guest Rooinater

Guest Rooinater

well this will be one of my next projects, i was just wondering if anyone here has done it. i have several how to artcles from online. so it'll be a go in a few months.

i was thinking of storing the air tank in the spare tire holder, 25' coil hose to fill tires.

what's the psi rating on our ac systems?? :rolleyes:

Guest SOOBME

The A/C comp. is good for over 260psi, and I don't know the CFM #'s but I do know that they are good! It will fill a 3gal. tank to 90psi in about 9 -15 seconds.

When U do the conversion, use a short line with an in-line oiler in it for the intake side of the A/C comp. That will keep it alive alot longer.

Guest calebz

What about using the pump for stock air suspension, instead of an AC compressor.. some cars already have the pump and a small tank..

BTW.. does anyone know the location of the stock air suspension pump?.. the tank is mounted in the drivers side fender i believ.. just don't know about the pump.

Guest SOOBME

That's what the in-oiler is for. The AC comp. has enough air draw to make the oiler drip, and that drip is drawn into the unit and keeps it oiled;)

Guest Rooinater

they explain it by using an in line oiler on the inlet side of the A/C. and then just after the A/C use a oil and water seperater on the outputside. to keep oil out of your air.

www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/yorkair.html

this one of the sites, i have a wiring diagram from a 4x4 magazine somewhere.

well that means i can run the 150 psi system then. hmmmm..... :evil: instant air up of the tires.

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Yeah, Onboard air is some good stuff. You get a flat, use your pnuematic jack to lift it up, then your impact to pull off the lugnuts, and changing a tire becomes so easy. Plus you can air up after running around in the sand. And there are lots of other uses. Airing up rafts or air mattresses. Or some people are going to have full on repair station trailers with welders, plasma cutters, and a full assortment of tools. You caouls also repaint your car on the side of the freeway (I counldn't possibly think of a reason for that though). Catch ya Laters.

Guest Rooinater

yep that's one reason i want it. after a day of 4x4ing at 12 psi or lower it's nice to fill the tires up and not be worrying about the tires getting to hot or losing a bead at 60mph.