Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale needs more power, EJ22T swap?

desperate

I've got a 91 Loyale FwD 5spd.

I'm sure you all know these things are severly underpowerd.

My options, sell the car and try to find something better, or the one i like more, put a EJ22T into my engine bay.

Been done?

Difficulty? especially in wiring department.

I'd like to keep the car on 13's, convert it to AWD. easier to buy a donor car or just buy motor trans and wiring?

thanks

Anthony

To run WRX calipers you will need 16 inch wheels, although you should be able to run the Legacy knuckles/brakes/struts with the XT-6 lower control arm. In the rear you're gonna need all XT-6 parts though, just the hub/brake rotor, backing plate and caliper if you're not already disc back there.

I've got a 91 Loyale FwD 5spd.

I'm sure you all know these things are severly underpowerd.

My options, sell the car and try to find something better, or the one i like more, put a EJ22T into my engine bay.

Been done?

Difficulty? especially in wiring department.

I'd like to keep the car on 13's, convert it to AWD. easier to buy a donor car or just buy motor trans and wiring?

thanks

Anthony

I gotta know....why not just buy a Turbo Legacy? You would gain AWD, the car would be a stock configuration and worth more $, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I gotta know....why not just buy a Turbo Legacy? You would gain AWD, the car would be a stock configuration and worth more $, etc.
SS's are not exactly light or cheap, although they are still pretty unique. not anywhere near as unique as a swap like this though. I am thinking of picking up a 3door to swap my stuff into.