Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

USRM ideas

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

I know this would be very time consuming, but... It would be sweet to see more pictures and more detailed shots in the USRM. Also maybe some short video clips to demonstrate proceedures that pics can't do as well. Thanks for putting it together thusfar. It has been very helpful many times! -Chris www.mastermindvideo.com

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:39 PM

I don't think it's been ruled out....it's just that people haven't taken the pictures....the next time you're out there modifying your car....take some pics and post 'em up!

#3 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,931 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

I don't think it's been ruled out....it's just that people haven't taken the pictures....the next time you're out there modifying your car....take some pics and post 'em up!

Absolutely right.

#4 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

and those that host their own pics....don't delete them...you are leaving holes in the manual when you do this.

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

I see people asking for help changing axles on the EA series models all the time. I remember having a write up on this on the old ezboard; unfortunately I didn't keep a hard copy for myself. Any chance someone else has it cached somewhere and can re-submit it. I can add pics to it the next time I do an axle on my brat.

#6 Shep2112

Shep2112

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Orlando

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd offer some advice.

Check out the Wayback Machine at www.archive.org

If you know the website that was on, you can perhaps find that post again. I'm not sure if ezboard is able to be spidered by archive.org but it's worth a shot. :)

-Eric

I see people asking for help changing axles on the EA series models all the time. I remember having a write up on this on the old ezboard; unfortunately I didn't keep a hard copy for myself. Any chance someone else has it cached somewhere and can re-submit it. I can add pics to it the next time I do an axle on my brat.

#7 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:36 PM

Wow, that's a cool website! I just looked up usmb.net & it only goes as far back as 2003 . . .

http://web.archive.o...smb.net/repair/

#8 Shep2112

Shep2112

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Orlando

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:39 PM

yup, its a great site for finding old info :) the multimedia searches are nice too.

Did you find what you needed there?

-Eric

#9 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,662 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

I Agree, Absolutely! ... I have Taked many Pics of some Procedures and Upgrade Ideas... I´ll Edit ´em to Show the Essential, and Upload ´em Here Soon! Posted Image

- JesZeK

#10 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

one problem i just noticed that makes it hard to do a step by step with photos is that you can only post 21 pics at a time...
that might sound like enough, but my axle procedure takes 35 pics...

#11 Hodaka Rider

Hodaka Rider

Original BC Soobnut

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  • Nelson, BC (Canada)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Wow, that's a cool website! I just looked up usmb.net & it only goes as far back as 2003 . . .

In case anyone is wondering why, I believe the reason is that the usmb.net site (now .org) did not start until 2003. Before that, we were on ezboards. (how many of us are left here that remember that?)

#12 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Wow that brings back memories! I remember when I set that up. Easy on the eyes, but a pain to input new articles.

Anyhow, yeah I bought USMB.net and Ultimatesubaru.net in '03. I only got 5 year subscriptions so they run out in '08. Thats why we now have .org and both the .nets will soon disapear.

-Brian

#13 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,662 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

... Before that, we were on ezboards. (how many of us are left here that remember that?)

I Remember... even my Old Username is Still alive there!

Look Here:
http://ultimatesubar...oards.yuku.com/

Also, I like the Way "with Icons" How it was organized:

Posted Image

But the New USRM is way Much Better.

Kind Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users