Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Portland Rally-X Results are Up

Hey Guys the Rally-X results are posted for the 10/12 and season.(http://www.oregonrally.com/?page=results) 7th place on Sun and 6th overall for my rookie season, I'm pretty happy. Congratulations to Eric for winning Truck and to Mark for 4th in PGT in the season totals. Unfortunately the black Durango just pipped Luke for 2nd in Truck. Can't wait till next spring now.--Brian

I'm pleased with my 4th for the season. Definite improvement over last year when I was running 15 sec. per run behind my son and Luke. This year, I'm only a couple seconds behind them and I actually beat Luke on the last event which I've never done before. If I could have matched my 2nd run's time on my third, I might have placed high enough on the last run to move up to 3rd or 2nd in the series behind Eric. All in all, it's nice to see all the extra competition and the increase in the size of the truck/suv class. Moving the wagons into truck class took cars out of an overly large production class, eliminated an argument about the 4WD capabilities of our cars, and allowed modifications (tires being the most important).

If you look at the overall time for the Oct 12th event, in the top 15 times, only 3 were NOT Subarus, and number one was a Justy!?!?!?!

Did anybody notice how many times the Rachner name shows up, what a family!!!!! Looks like James finally show up for one.

Yes Brian, GOOD JOB! I thought everyone did very well and it was great to see so many of us there. My rookie season too and I can't wait till next year!

DRX, You would have to be there to understand how much the track varied during different parts of the day. Early, before anybody ran, the field was very wet, so the early runs were slow but started getting better, till it rained then it was so slick, you could hardly walk on the track and some of the two wheel drive car were actually getting stuck. In the afternoon the sun came out and the wind was blowing and the track dried out nicely and got very fast, this was when the Justy ran. He's also a good driver. Doc, you would like this Justy, it looks like a RX, All white with white trim and white hubcaps, lookslike my cars kid brother. :D

Hatch Patrol and USMB members made a significant contribution to the entrylists as well as taking home quite a bit of awards. Yea, I finally got James to run and he cost me a position (that's okay); but between Mudrat and James, I dropped from second for the series to fourth. No offense John (or James). Next year I hope to be more competitive; takes a long time to teach an old dog new tricks......but it's sure fun learning.:D:banana: (sorry Skip I couldn't help myself).

Actually, James is a pretty decent mechanic. I'd have to be pretty shrewd to sandbag him. However, that's not the point. I need the competition (and so does he). We'll all get better. Besides there's a whole bunch of other people in our class who might have something to say about who places where.