Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will an EA81 w/a Weber pass King County Washington Emissions?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dante

Dante

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:42 PM

Will an EA81 w/a Weber pass King County Washington Emissions?

I understand there's a lot of emissions stuff under the hood of the '80-'84 cars. If I can simplify things and still pass emissions, then I'd like to do so.

Sorry if this has been covered. I tried a search and did not see what I am looking for.

#2 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:13 PM

I've been told that my Brat will pass by a state certified technician. Also Ratty2Subaru has posted that his wweber equipped '80 wagon passed.

#3 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:25 PM

yes, my ea81 with ALL emissions stripped off of it, passed WA, king/sno county emissions- and to make it even easier for you, mine passed with the timing waaaay off and a vacume leak! (so get it all right and it will pass without any probs!

go to the usmb photo section and look at my pics- there is a pic of my weber's linkage setup, and you can see the lack of stuff on the manifold :D

#4 Dante

Dante

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:38 AM

Sweet. I want to keep things simple! I'm checking out an '81 in Oly tomorrow--nothin fancy except power steering and power breaks. If I can lose the emissions crap I think an ea81 will be almost as simple as my old '72 Datsun 510 :cool: Then all I'll need is some pug wheels and the biggest tires that will fit under the hood and I'll be good to go unless/until I want to do some "serious" four-wheelin'

If the '81 works out, I'll only have to deal with emissions for three more years anyway, unless they change the rules...

Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users