Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will an EA81 w/a Weber pass King County Washington Emissions?

Will an EA81 w/a Weber pass King County Washington Emissions?

I understand there's a lot of emissions stuff under the hood of the '80-'84 cars. If I can simplify things and still pass emissions, then I'd like to do so.

Sorry if this has been covered. I tried a search and did not see what I am looking for.

yes, my ea81 with ALL emissions stripped off of it, passed WA, king/sno county emissions- and to make it even easier for you, mine passed with the timing waaaay off and a vacume leak! (so get it all right and it will pass without any probs!

go to the usmb photo section and look at my pics- there is a pic of my weber's linkage setup, and you can see the lack of stuff on the manifold :D

Sweet. I want to keep things simple! I'm checking out an '81 in Oly tomorrow--nothin fancy except power steering and power breaks. If I can lose the emissions crap I think an ea81 will be almost as simple as my old '72 Datsun 510 :cool: Then all I'll need is some pug wheels and the biggest tires that will fit under the hood and I'll be good to go unless/until I want to do some "serious" four-wheelin'

If the '81 works out, I'll only have to deal with emissions for three more years anyway, unless they change the rules...

Thanks! :)