Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goodbye to my first major love.... my gen 1 wagon

Well I've just about finished the deal with moosens with my '79 4wd wagon. Many of you know, this car is the one that got me hardcore into modifying Subarus. I was one of the first, if not THE first to completely put a EA81 front suspension/brakes into it. I made custom control arms that a few have seen in pics if not in person. This was my second Subaru I had, which I got when I traded my first one straight across for it. Rust free but had an engine issue which first thought was a bent pushrod but later turned out to be a thrust bearing knock. Got a bunch of parts from General Disorder waaaaay back in the day of ezboard so it has one minor dent in the driver front door now. Mudrat79 will be picking it up shortly from my parent's house in Oregon. Sad to see her go.... so much time and work into her but its time to downsize the fleet a bit more. Glad to see her going to a good home though. I know Paul will give her the lovin I've been denying since I got my Brat. Goodbye my love but its time for us to part....

I don't think I'd be able to let my Brat go... I was thinking about it after looking into all the laws, but I decided "no" I think I'd be heart broken if I had to sell it.

But it is my only subaru, and my first. So it is sorta different. Glad to hear your 79 is going to a good home, 5000% better then a junkyard.

Well I've just about finished the deal with moosens with my '79 4wd wagon. Many of you know, this car is the one that got me hardcore into modifying Subarus. I was one of the first, if not THE first to completely put a EA81 front suspension/brakes into it. I made custom control arms that a few have seen in pics if not in person. This was my second Subaru I had, which I got when I traded my first one straight across for it. Rust free but had an engine issue which first thought was a bent pushrod but later turned out to be a thrust bearing knock. Got a bunch of parts from General Disorder waaaaay back in the day of ezboard so it has one minor dent in the driver front door now. Mudrat79 will be picking it up shortly from my parent's house in Oregon. Sad to see her go.... so much time and work into her but its time to downsize the fleet a bit more. Glad to see her going to a good home though. I know Paul will give her the lovin I've been denying since I got my Brat. Goodbye my love but its time for us to part....

Howdy Pard,

Saw that you are in Laramie I grew up in Laramie, went to LSH grauated in 66. I am now living in Henderson Nevada and have become a sube owner. I would like to do a lift but haven't been able to find any 14" wheels. I have made posts and threads but not much response of any help. This conversion sounds pretty involved. With so many Sube owners in need of larger wheels why hasn't any wheel companies made them or imported them from down under? Not cost effective I guess. If you would like to contact me, maybe we know each other or have same friends, my e-mail is redfeather@cox.net :banana: