Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT parts wanted

Hi

I have just joined this forum and I am looking for some bits to complete our XT Turbo rebuild. I need a RHD Dashboard surround in as pristine condition as I can find. These are REALLY hard to come by and I am looking to improve on the one I have. I also need a couple of blinker globes and cables. We have the "Flat" blinkers fitted into the guards and the globes from the wedge shaped ones don't fit. Surely someone has a pair that they cann spare and send on a bit of a trip to the land down under. PM me if you can help. I have already asked the question on XT6.net and drawn a blank. If I can figure out how to add a picture I will add one to this post of our project vehicle.

Thanks

Dave H

i'm a moderator of XT6.net and don't recall seeing that post. i guess i missed it, maybe you should make sure it's there though just in case?

i've sent parts to the guys in NZ, could do the same for you as well. email or post a picture of what parts you need, i have a couple XT6 parts cars. make sure they are interchangeable between XT Turbo and XT6. i have an XTTurbo 1987.5 so i should be able to look and see.

no RHD parts though. but blinkers okay. i'm super freaking busy but i can help you out if you get in touch with me. contact suber dave first if you can.

im not sure what a "blinker globe" is, maybe i call it something different. but i if you have a pic. i may have one. i have all the lights from an XT6 and i beleve they are the same...

-=Superdave=-

The blinker is probably what others might know as a flasher or an indicator (or even something else!). I know it as a blinker because that's what the light does.

There is a picture in the photos section called "Blinker-1" which shows the bit I am talking about. It is the little orange light on the side behind the front bumper. I have the orange bit but I need the globe and fitting that plugs into it from the inside of the guard (I think you know that bit as a "Fender").

The globe and potentially the fitting from the wedge shaped ones that we took out don't fit inside the housing.

Thanks for your responses.

Dave Hill

i'm a moderator of XT6.net and don't recall seeing that post. i guess i missed it, maybe you should make sure it's there though just in case?

i've sent parts to the guys in NZ, could do the same for you as well. email or post a picture of what parts you need, i have a couple XT6 parts cars. make sure they are interchangeable between XT Turbo and XT6. i have an XTTurbo 1987.5 so i should be able to look and see.

no RHD parts though. but blinkers okay. i'm super freaking busy but i can help you out if you get in touch with me. contact suber dave first if you can.

Thanks - I have seen my post on XT6.net Our car is the blue one in the pics pages (on around page 20).

See my reply above re "Blinkers"

Dave H