Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Found this 95 Impreza AWD 2.2 (wrecked) and ready for the crusher next week. It has 51K on it.

Question...I was thinking about pulling the transmission, (4EAT) and keeping it as a spare for my Impreza. (Or for someone in the future)

I can have it for $25 if I pull it! (the engine is out already) I'm kinda concerned because the trans selector won't go into park. But then a again, the shifter is kinda screwed up in the car. The axles both turn freely.

Should I get it? Is it worth the trouble? Do you think the park thing might be serious?

Thanks , Todd

There are many reasons why the shifter wont go into park, none of them having to do with the tranny itself. Disconnect the linkage and see if it will go into park then.

i would snag the tranny for 25.00. Even if the tranny is bad at that milegae the AWD clutch pack is still good and thats a good chunk of change right there

nipper

For, $25, get with a smile. See what else you can get off the car while you are at it. All the little stuff like emblems don't hold any value after it hits the crusher, so the yard usually gives that stuff to you if you're buying something else.

This wouldnt by chance be the silver car down at Apache(?) on 287 business in Mansfield/Kennadale would it? I got my "Dogbone" stabilizer bar link off it last year, was wrecked pretty good but still had engine in it at the time. Thought about snagging some other stuff, but couldn't justify....

Car was a silver, new gen non-legacy guess mid 90's-(Impreza?) Had a pretty clean looking engine in it, had been hit pretty good in front I think grill and left side fender area pretty screwed up. Wheels gone.

One thing i liked about that yard is many of the cars are on concrete, so getting parts from underneath not nearly as dirty as being in mud.

Sorry I dont remember more details...don't go out to yards much anymore. Last trip I made was for tailight assy for my 99 LeSabre, only 1 available in ENTIRE DFW area....

Yea, I think the local concrete trucks empty out there. It's better than mud for sure!!

I remember going there many time back in the late 90s. They had a stach of Gen 1s and earlier back in the far left corner of the yard. It's a fun yard...never know what you may find.

I don't get out that much anymore either though....age maybe?? Who knows. But I always have fun when I go!

Todd