Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 14x5.5 or 15x6 pugs fit under the hood?

My answer would be 'NOT' - a fullsize spare on a stock 13" rim is a tight fit. And with the tire on my 14' chevy-luv rim (my spare, my car is redrilled for 6 bolt) it was not even a close fit... Best advice is to invest in a roof-rack (I am!)

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

Oh yea, and out of my own stupidity I forgot that my brat is running 14" pugs (and spare sitting in the bed) and that I can answer your precise question. Caleb is right they don't fit under the hood. (Caleb, I think we're running the same rims - oval slots?)

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

Originally posted by calebz

As I stated in your other thread, my 14s don't fit under the hood.. And My tires aren't very big

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying they wouldn't fit under the hood of a turbo. Something about the turbo intake IIRC. Anyway thanks for the info. :)

The turbo plenum does get in the way, but even if I had a carb or SPFI, they still wouldn't clear the Carb/Throttle Body.

Erik, You're right, I am runniing the Oval slotted pugs.. with one with the round holes as a spare.. Couldn't find another oval slot locally and the one I have was CHEAP