Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

SHOP MANUAL!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_xforxlifex_*

Guest_xforxlifex_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:27 PM

Is there a Chiltons or any other manuals that cover the RX?

#2 Guest_unix_*

Guest_unix_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:05 PM

problem with chiltons and haynes is they cover too many years, too many models, not deep enough... in my experience factory service manuals are way better. The ones with 1,000 pages. I haven't yet seen the one for my '92 loyale and get different feedback on it. I certainly hope to get one someday.

#3 Guest_thealleyboy_*

Guest_thealleyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 09:15 AM

Yes, the ideal situation is to have the exact year FSM. But if you are driving a 92,most of the information from an 86-91 will apply too, since some of those had the same SPFI. I usually grab anything that comes my way. There is useful information in all the FSMs.

As far as Chiltons and Haynes, I have them too, but there are some missing pages :lol: (torn out in frustration). Despite the errors, they are well worth the $10 or so, if that's all you can get your hands on.

If you depend on just one book, you'll be disapointed. You should research any complex task from more than one source, and ALWAYS pay attention to any discrepancies you come accross. Nothing wrong with making notes in the books when the information is still fresh on your mind.

good luck John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users