Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help with front wiper motor on 91 loyale

naz

my front wipers stopped working recently. i picked up a used motor from a junkyard. when i plug the electrical connector from the chassis wiring harness to the 'new' motor, and hit the wiper switch to low or high, there is no movement.

does the wiper motor need to be bolted in to be grounded?

and second question is that there never seems to any current going to the prong in the connector going to the wiper motor that the green/blue striped wire goes into (there is one prong that always has current, one that has current on high only, one that has current on low only). is it normal for one of the prongs not to have any current ever? if one of you guys with a loyale with a working wiper could verify it would be so awesome

thanks a lot guys

Ahh the non-wipeing wipers. I got a free subaru because of this. turned out to be the wiper motor was not grounding. Check the ground wires on top of the wiper motor. This was on an 86 turbo wagon. so not totaly sure if the grounding wires are located in the same location

good luck