Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

only stalls and stutters after it has been ran for awhile and restarted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mtsuberu

mtsuberu

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • west yellowstone

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hello,
I changed my o2 sensor this helped the missing and hesitation problem, RUNS great UNTIL. Now after turning off the engine and restarting it is back to the same problem??? 2003 2.5 outback sport

#2 cookie

cookie

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,058 posts
  • SFO

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

Have you checked for codes?

#3 mtsuberu

mtsuberu

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • west yellowstone

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

yes none come back

#4 cookie

cookie

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,058 posts
  • SFO

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

There are several possibilities but if faced with the same problem I'd change the coolant temp sensor that tells the ECU how hot the engine is. It's fairly cheap and easy to start with. I think you could be having any number of electronic problems but the temp sensor often throws no code. I'm sure some other folks may have other ideas from thier experience.

#5 mtsuberu

mtsuberu

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • west yellowstone

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

I will replace the coolant temp sensor! Thanks. FYI new plugs and wires fuel filter air filter. For some reason isopropyl helps if it is acting up. I have had this problem for several tanks of gas the last were 91 octane. I tried seafoam in gas tank it was a temp fix as isopropyl is. Hopefully this info may help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users