Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Door trim question...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

It appears there is a rubber strip all along the side of the wagon. It looks like rubber sandwiched between chrome. The rubber portion on mine appears faded, or maybe it was coated with something at some time? What was it like originally?? Thanks,

Jordan

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

I assume you're talking about the door guard "ding strip". Often they are coated with a clear film of plastic to prevent oxidation.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

I have used the Krylon Fusion plastic paint very succesfully on things such as that - use it to make the mudflaps on my Brat look new. The Red is a perfect match for the 4WD lettering. Back is nice on bumpers and trim and such.

The clear plastic over the chrome.... that stuff just flakes off and I don't think there is any fixing it really. Looks terrible, and I'm probably just going to remove the strip completely on mine and bondo the holes before it goes for paint.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users