Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie question: 15" x 5" Subaru Wheels?

Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum. I tried a bunch of searches before I posted this, but did not find what I am looking for.

After lurking here for a while, I was under the impression that you had to go to Pug or aftermarket wheels to get wheels bigger than 13". However, when I googled "subaru wheels" I found a bunch of results like THIS that offer a 15" x 5" Subaru wheel for '80s cars for $50 to $60. Is this a mistake? If not, are they 4x140s or did Subaru sell some cars with a different pattern?

Originally posted by calebz

Donut spares are 15s..the link you psted doesn't have a working pic.. so its kinda hard to tell what they're selling

They must be spares. I found a bunch of sites, but none of them had pictures. I thought one listed the spare separately, but I can't find it now, so I must have been mistaken.

Thanks! :)

Yes - when I got my turbo wagon (83), it had a donut spare. And my 84 DL parts car had one too. So did Flomasters Brat - it was all nasty and rusted. I imagine many people put full size tires in there cause you can, and it sucks driving on donuts. Also - when you go to buy new tires, very often some of your old tires are good enough to be a spare, and getting an extra wheel for $20 at the tire place.... you get the idea. It's a sales pitch on the part of the tire store. Why not do it? It's cheap and you already have the tire. Makes good sense really.

GD

Dante,

I question the integrity of the wheel place you have listed. I tried calling them at least 20 times over about one month's time before I finally got an answer. The guy that answered the phone answered with "Hello", not "Wheels-r-us", or whatever the name of the place is. When I asked him about the 15" Subaru wheels you have listed, the answer was something like "I'll have to check with my suppliers and see if that wheel is still available and get back with you". That was over 6 months ago, I still haven't heard from him. My guess is it's some scammer with a classy looking website that takes your order, goes to his local junkyard, buys the wheels, then sells them to his "valued customers" for new. That is assuming you'd even get a set of wheels from this guy.