Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone put a 2.5 in a GL body yet?

Guest Subazoo

Guest Subazoo

Just thinking which crazy has done it...or could do it.

Got some wrecked newbies laying around up here with Chicken McBig Iron 2.5's just beggin to be thrown into somemthing 300 pounds lighter and rustier...

Guest moosens

Go for it Scott.Heck maybe there's a good 6cyl motor out there.I've got the ER27 if you are interested.(XT6 motor).Also have the tranny-5spd w/locking center diff. Talk to me,I'm looking to pay the rent.

Witte has done this.Requires radiator relocation,etc.

Guest WagonsOnly

How about putting it (or a 2.7 like Moosens has) in a Justy? One would think with that much power, and that little weight, fuel economy wouldn't suffer unless you drove it like a real nut; there'd be more iron between you and another object in the event of an accident; and more traction without 4wd engaged. Something to think about, if the dimensions are anywhere near possible for something like that.

Guest Hondasucks

OR an EF12 (Justy motor) with an intercooler, raised boost, opened exhaust, and a turbo off of a Sprint Turbo.. I hear they bolt on....

Guest WagonsOnly

Did I hear Sprint? Imagine an EJ12 with that setup, in a Metro convertible body. Just thinking out loud...besides Subaru has only made 2 convertibles available Stateside.