Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What was the last carbed car sold in us?

Sub made a carbureted Justy for a long time (late into the 90's) but the last ones sold by Subaru in the US were 1989 model year. The 1990s were FI. The last EA81s in the US were also 1989. I understand the EA81 carbureted Brat is still available in some places in the world.

Mark had a 1993 Isuzu Amigo that had a carb on it..

so trucks probably went on for a couple more years with carbs..

actually, when they are running right, FI is much better, less vacuum lines can run almost upside down (my carb cuts out on steep declines when it is rocky).

anyways..

My input.

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Originally posted by LostWater

I believe my Amigo was considered a throttle body injection. It looked like a carb and had the same air filter a carb would have.

What is a throttle body injection engine anyways?

Mark

A carb:D . Isuzu's were sold through 95 with carbs. It was just on the base 4 cylinder models. I remember reading about the end of the carb in the US when they switched to a SPFI on it.

While were off the topic,

I have two Troopers, both have 4 cyl. injection. They would be 1988 and 1991. They don't have anything that resembles a carb. I think only the 6 cyl had anything resembling a carb.

For what it's worth,

Glenn,

Too many cars.....